6.4 Timing of Strategy Meeting/Discussion
Initial Strategy Meetings should be convened within a maximum of 3 working days of a referral or concerns being highlighted, except in the following circumstances:
- For allegations/concerns indicating a serious risk to the child (e.g. serious physical injury or serious neglect) the strategy meeting/discussion should be held on the same day as the receipt of the referral.
- For allegations of penetrative sexual abuse, the strategy meeting/discussion should be held on the same day as the receipt of the referral if this is required to ensure forensic evidence.
- Where immediate action is required by either agency, the strategy meeting/discussion must be held within one working day.
- For allegations against staff which may result in disciplinary procedures within one working day unless additional information is required.
- Fabricated or Induced Illness Strategy meetings may take longer.