Have concerns about a Child?

Have concerns about a Child?

Do you have concerns about a child?

If you have a concern about a child contact:

  • Initial Response Service – 0191 277 2500
  • Emergency Duty Team – 0191 278 7878
  • Long-Term Children's Social Care Team - 0191 211 5845
  • Northumbria Police – 101 (in an emergency always dial 999)
  • NSPCC Helpline – 0808 800 5000

All concerns that a child or young person is suffering or is at risk of suffering significant harm must be referred directly to the Initial Response Service of Children’s Social Care in accordance with the Newcastle Safeguarding Children Partnership Procedures. There are two secure online referral forms available for you to tell us about your concern, one for practitioners and another if you are a member of the public 

Secure Online Referral Form for Professionals 

Secure Online Referral Form for the Public

If your concern is about an adult please go to Safeguarding Adults website. Report suspected adult abuse